CEO aka "Chief Peace of Mind"
At Charlin we're leveraging connected home devices and machine learning to build an affordable home solution which will empower the senior to enjoy home longer and will bring a peace of mind to their children. The accessible and smart system, discreetly drawn up in the home of the senior, records the behavioural patterns in the home and learns. Charlin is the first system that watches 24/7 without the necessary intervention of the elderly or a caring person. The system automatically registers and reports via a smartphone application to as many persons as desired, the care circle.By combining the brand, company and values of Belfius, together with an entrepreneurial team, we leverage both the strengths of a bigger organisation with the agility of a startup in this new coporate venture. We aim to launch in Q4 2019.
Are you ready to join this adventure as our Chief Piece of Mind hero?
- We are looking for a product-oriented CEO to manage and control all strategic and business aspects of a recently created corporate venture (scale-up). You will develop a hands-on business strategy that ensures alignment with both the short-term and the long-term objectives.
- You are responsible for overseeing all operations and business activities related to launching and growing a consumer electronics product with a strong software/AI focus in the market.
- In your role as CEO, you will create a strong company culture with a high-performing, mission driven (management) team.
- You are able to manage the corporate stakeholders and build a healthy bridge between the corporate and the start-up culture.
- You would describe yourself as a self-aware, inspirational leader, who knows how to delegate work to the right person but is not afraid to quickly jump in the trenches when needed to push the team to next level.
- Your goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
- A minimum of five years proven CEO or other managerial experience in a (technology/product) company
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, operations, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Experience with launching a (product) company
- Experience with managing a team
- Experience with internationalization
- Experience with or a strong interest in consumer electronics
- Experience with working with a Product Owner who makes sure that the company is building the right thing & with a CTO who makes sure that the company is building it right
- Corporate or management consulting background, enabling you to understand corporate decision making processes
- You speak NL/FR/ENG fluently (ENG + NL or FR mandatory)
Feeling overwhelmed by the requirements?
Don't be, we prefer motivation above experience. As long as you have the correct can-do mindset you can't go wrong.